Friday, 2024-05-10, 8:17 AM
The Complete Webs Official Forum
Main | Fallout 3 Review - The Complete Webs Official Forum! | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: gusmuran, steve2507, Tom, timemaster88  
The Complete Webs Official Forum! » Offtopic » General talk » Fallout 3 Review (Camerons Reviews)
Fallout 3 Review
timemaster88Date: Wednesday, 2009-04-15, 6:13 AM | Message # 1                                                         
Lieutenant
Group: Moderators
Review

Well i must admit im a big fan of RPG'S but let me assure you, this was no letdown, after seeing the tv advert with the minigun, i was streight in that shop to buy it. First off, the story itself unfolds very well, i couldnt find many flaws, and i do love getting into a good story i love being able to pretend to be somebody else for the couple of hours a day i play games. The choice system is excellent too, Basically the whole world runs on a karma system, in my opinion though it could have ben slightly improved here with people knowing of your deeds, but the best feature of this game by far comes into play and overshadows that flaw like a mountain to a mouse, the ability to kill! Tes, i know what your thinking 'you can kill people in every game' well The best feature in this game is Everybody is killable, the only people who arent are a handfull of about 4 or 5 charachters who are needed in the storyline, not only that consider this the saints row of RPG'S, there are so many side quests that you can take on, and so many secrets to be discovered. Like for example, you discover the slaver camp, so you can either free the slaves here by buying them helping them escape or killing the slavers, or take the dark road, work for the slavers and catch your own slaves! and be paid for every one you catch, dosent sound like you? okay, well we know what you really want! and yes! You can just massacre everybody, its the free options like this that really make this into a superb roleplaying game, not only that but the map to explore is huge 5km by 5km is more than enough to keep any player amused for hours on end (i know i was) No Game is without flaws and this is no exception, it has two that instantly spring to my mind the first is, for those of you that have the game will know, the subways. Now i have no problems with the subways themselves, more washington, the fact that the majority of the city can only be reached through identical looking tunnels and passages with no signs or maps, the journeys can become tedious and dull, especially when you find an exit just to find out your on the wrong side of the city, there isnt just no maps, you cant actually tell where you are at all, which i find to be a major annoyance. The second flaw is the 'Quests' or missions, the main storyline is incredibly short, and some people rush through it not realising just how short it actually is, i know, ive done it myself. The majority of the main quest is actually walking from location to location, rather than the missions themselves and on completion of the game your hit with a brick to the face...You cant continue playing, so you either start a new game, or load a pervious save. One last thing incase any players thought id forgotten is the V.A.T.S. - Vault Assisted Targeting System, now i have a bone to pick with the games creators, at first i thought adding this was stupid for an RPG and well, i was right. Not only does vats feel out of place and 'Clunky' to use, but its possibly the most useless feature in a game ive seen, its designed to help you aim, but is infact incredibly less accurate than you are, i used it 12 times in my whole time playing the game then gave up, a headshot easily made with a rifle by yourself, is made a complicated task by vats - using its many complex formulas, which include the distance, it works out a percentage, then must slash it, then slash it again, and then slash it again just for the hell of it, not only is it inaccurate, the percentages it gives to hit are tiny, such as a head shot i cn make over 20 metres myself will have a 5% chance to hit usint vats with the same weapon. Anyway, rant over.

Rating 4 out of 5 (Good game with great levels of detail, but vats and the short storyline without the option to continue playing ruin the games 5 star rating)

Read my game reviews in the General Discussion section of the forum, or on the comments of the games =D

The Complete Webs Official Forum! » Offtopic » General talk » Fallout 3 Review (Camerons Reviews)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024

toolbar powered by Conduit
100% safe GUARANTEED!