Friday, 2024-05-10, 1:36 AM
The Complete Webs Official Forum
Main | Unreal Tournament 3 Review - The Complete Webs Official Forum! | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: gusmuran, steve2507, Tom, timemaster88  
The Complete Webs Official Forum! » Offtopic » General talk » Unreal Tournament 3 Review (Camerons Reviews)
Unreal Tournament 3 Review
timemaster88Date: Wednesday, 2009-04-15, 5:46 AM | Message # 1                                                         
Lieutenant
Group: Moderators
Review

Well to be honest, being a long serving fan of unreal tournament from the original game as a prisoner on a ship - to the championship playing as a skarjj online massaceing 100s of people, but this game, i must admit had me sadly dissapointed... First off, ill settle your question: 'Why in hell is it called Unreal Tournament 3? Theres about 7 others!' Well its called 3 because it is the first game to be released that used the unreal engine version 3, the same graphics engine used in so many games today, including gears of war. But enough of that, lets get back to the game, now every unreal was repetative so far, constant matches firing rockets, bullets and lazers through so many people until you reached the top of the ladders and won a trophy - thus the game. Well, as repetative as it may be, thats exactly what people expect and what people wanted from this. Instead were lumbered with a combination of a half-arsed RPG and unreal tournament, which may i add - dont go well together. Basically they decided to try and add a storyline to this, and that as their first major mistake, ot just dosent fit, its like vodka and urine, you like vodka, so why mix in something horrible? sure, its the same drink everytime you have it, but you wouldnt want to ruin it, you like the taste and by no means do i dislike RPG'S but these shouldnt be combined, it dosent make sense, and dosent feel right. On the plus, the new unreal engine does not let you down, with the addition of new ragdoll physics, such as corpses that can be torn up, limbs that can be removed, and bullet shells that can bounce of walls and the like, the new engine works better than ever, providing Not only excellent graphics, but also amazing attention to detail. Still aside from the story, they dragged it down yet again.. As anybody who has played a previous unreal tournament will know, there is normally a huge selection of charachters, well they took that out too, your now limited to a selection of less than 30 people, a far cry from some of the older unreal tournament games. The new vehicles just arent enough to pull it back up again like the detail was for the story, so unfortunatly, this game is a failure in my eyes.

Rating 2 out of 5 (Poor storyline, unimaginative vehicles and a very limited selection of charachters drag down the masterpiece that was the new 'Unreal Engine 3')

Read my game reviews in the General Discussion section of the forum, or on the comments of the games =D

New007Date: Tuesday, 2009-04-28, 5:16 AM | Message # 2                                                         
Sergeant
Group: Users
it also looks like gears of war.
Code
http://loot-ninja.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/ut3-dom.jpg

"The man who can smile when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on"
XBL GT: Flameninja00

The Complete Webs Official Forum! » Offtopic » General talk » Unreal Tournament 3 Review (Camerons Reviews)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024

toolbar powered by Conduit
100% safe GUARANTEED!