Friday, 2024-05-10, 3:13 AM
The Complete Webs Official Forum
Main | Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3 Review - The Complete Webs Official Forum! | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: gusmuran, steve2507, Tom, timemaster88  
The Complete Webs Official Forum! » Offtopic » General talk » Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3 Review (Camerons Reviews :()
Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3 Review
timemaster88Date: Wednesday, 2009-04-15, 7:34 AM | Message # 1                                                         
Lieutenant
Group: Moderators
Review

Right this is the 3rd time ive had to write this, once i forgot to post it, and the second time i opened a link but forgot to make it in a new tab, so here goes biggrin

Firstly i was hoping for more from this game, but in fact i got less.. Maybe im making a mistake comparing it to tiberium sun, but that game was good, infact i loved that game, the storyline wasnt all that great, but the game was designed for a 98 pc, Back then most games didnt even have storylines, let alone a storyline with real actors playing characters in it. Most games dont bother with them, Even today! Now yes, i know what your thinking..The acting is terrible, yes, yes it is, but it adds a slightly comedic effect to the game, which i love xD. Now in red alert i found myself very limited with units and buildings, i was given a tiny list of buildable things and then each of them produces another tiny list of units that come across as well..Im pretty sure they brought in their kids on take your child to work day and their kids designed all of the units, they are terrible, they really do look like something out of a comic, but thats my next point. They appear to (after accepting their childrens designs in a board meeting) thought that they needed to give these new cartoon charachters a setting where they dont seem so out of place, so in a world where games are being designed to look more realistic by the day, we have C&C: Red alert, a game that looks like its been ripped streight out of a comic book. Now if this wasnt bad enough, the difficulty of this game(not sure weather its this download or not) but on skirmish mode you litteraly are given a couple of mins on easy, before the enemy sends troops to destroy you, a far cry from the older command and conquer games where you were eased into gameplay, this isnt nessecarily a bad thing, the new faster gameplay is a leap in the right direction, this new faster gameplay drags you streight into the battle, you really feel like there is a war in your computer, and the game really would start to drag you in if not for ther rediculously cartoony soldiers with guns twice their height. Bad points aside, the storyline of the game is well thought out, its more than long enough to keep you amused and theres 3 seperate campaigns for each of the fractions, the games looks and lack of innovative ideas make it a loss compared to the rest of the series though and C&C fans should ask if jim is generous enough to find you one of the other Command and Conquer Games.

Rating 3 out of 5 (Cartoony details, poor choices on troops and buildings and being thrown neck-deep in combat can put many players of this childish game, but for those willing to look past it, the campaign mode is well worth playing, sadly i couldnt see past the Terrible looks of the game.)

Read my game reviews in the General Discussion section of the forum, or on the comments of the games =D

The Complete Webs Official Forum! » Offtopic » General talk » Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3 Review (Camerons Reviews :()
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024

toolbar powered by Conduit
100% safe GUARANTEED!