Friday, 2024-05-10, 10:21 AM
The Complete Webs Official Forum
Main | Age of Empires 3: The warchiefs Review - The Complete Webs Official Forum! | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: gusmuran, steve2507, Tom, timemaster88  
The Complete Webs Official Forum! » Offtopic » General talk » Age of Empires 3: The warchiefs Review (Camerons Reviews :))
Age of Empires 3: The warchiefs Review
timemaster88Date: Wednesday, 2009-04-15, 7:16 PM | Message # 1                                                         
Lieutenant
Group: Moderators
Review

Well first off id like to applaud this game for its looks, Ensemble studios Created this expansion adding new units, buildings and the like while keeping the high level of detail they Created on AOE III, so no problems with the graphics, now i must admit, i was a bit weary of the storyline, i was under the impression it would seem identical to the original - which it was but i do like the fact it builds on the original too, it maintains the original storyline, whilst adding more to it. This is the better way to go as opposed to games that give you an entirely new story in expansions, i really do hate that, Crysis Warhead anyone? It wasnt technically an expansion, but the games story was rubbish and thats restraining myself. Now what i did hate about this game was one of the new modes they added, the trade monopoly(if either side gains control of the majority of trade posts, a timer begins to count down until they win or enough trade posts are destroyed) victory was a terrible idea, not to mention the fact if you were able to play this online (you cant, i can) that nobody uses this, because its crap. Worse so is the fact that when starting a game it automatically starts trade monopoly, which is incredibly annoying, as many people forget and have to start the game over. I must admit though, one of their best ideas was the new peace treaty feature(Players Cannot attack until a timer runs out). This feature is exceptionally popular with players around the globe, i couldnt actually find anybody who hates it to find bad points with it, so it will stand as my Solid good point. Now, the new armies i must admit i was very impressed with, they are a far cry from some of the expansions available out there, and not only that, they seem to have been well planned too, they offer a more balanced force than some of the other sides though meaning, a nation from the original game with an army of cannons will still cause a massacre but, nothings perfect and the new strategies available to you are enough at least to give a seasoned Strategist 3 or 4 more hours of gameplay. The last point which i admit i am in love with is the all new Revolution! feature, any army that reaches the 4th age can opt out of the 5th age and instead convert their army into a raging war machine, but sacrificing their ability to produce resources at the same time. This is a risky strategy, but sometimes its enough to give you the winning hand in battle, For anybody who loves age of empires III, then this expansion is a must have to add more to an already near-perfect game wink

Rating 4 out of 5 (Trade monopoly idea and the slight disadvantages posed to the 3 new nations bring this down a level)

Read my game reviews in the General Discussion section of the forum, or on the comments of the games =D

The Complete Webs Official Forum! » Offtopic » General talk » Age of Empires 3: The warchiefs Review (Camerons Reviews :))
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024

toolbar powered by Conduit
100% safe GUARANTEED!